Install WordPress on your local machine in under 5 minutes!
Preparing WordPress files and activating Wamp
- Go to WordPress.org and download the latest version of the CMS.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip file.
- Open the unzipped WordPress folder.
- Select all the items in the folder and copy them.
- Open the \wamp64\www folder located at the root of your main disk.
- Create a subfolder with the name of your project. This will make it easy to coexist several WordPress projects or installations.
- Paste all the items in the \wamp64\www\myProject folder.
- Find the location of the WampServer application on your PC and run it (gently). You can also find it via the Start/Programs/WampServer64 menu.
- Wait until the Wamp icon is green in your taskbar.
Next page for more…